2 years ago
What is Pingo
Pingo is an app that allows customers to book a shared journey not served by bus at a time that suits you. It covers the Dunoon, Cowal, and Campbeltown area and acts like an on-demand service. We realise that our customers need flexible, convenient travel and that timetables don’t always suit your needs. Pingo will take you from A to B quickly and conveniently at a time that suits you.
By simply downloading the “Ride Pingo” app you can book your journey quickly and easily, pay for your journey online and even track the progress of your bus as it makes its way to your selected pick-up point. It's as easy as - push a button, get a bus!
Welcome to on-demand bus travel!
When can I use the service?
In Dunoon and Cowal Pingo operates Monday to Friday 0830 - 1730 and on Saturdays 0845 - 1745
In Campbeltown Pingo operates Monday to Friday only. On school days from 0900 - 1500 and on school holidays from 0900 - 1730.
Who is Pingo for?
Pingo is for everyone, flexible, convenient bus travel that works around you
Where will it pick me up and where can I go?
Anywhere within the Pingo operating area. The Pingo service is perfect for attending your vaccination appointments, catching ferry connections and shopping, the list is endless. You can view our map of the operating area here for Dunoon and Cowal and for Campbeltown.
Does the Pingo service follow the bus network?
No, it will take you on the quickest route to your destination at that particular time (within the West Coast Motors Dunoon Cowal and Campbeltown network).
What does it cost?
For all fare-paying customers, your fare will be calculated as follows:
£2 base fare plus 20p per mile
Your fare will automatically be calculated by the app when you make your booking. If you are paying on bus your fare will be rounded up to the nearest 20p. This fare structure will be applicable for the Pingo services in both Dunoon and Campbeltown.
Concession cards are accepted on the Pingo service.
How do I download the app?
All you need to do is download the “Ride Pingo” app to your smartphone or device. See our easy-to-follow instructions below. If you require any help with downloading the app, please contact us on 0141 370 9262 for Dunoon and Cowal or 01586 552 319 for Campbeltown.
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
You can still book the service by using the Pingo helpdesk on 0141 370 9262 for Dunoon and on 01586 552 319 for Campbeltown.
What vehicle is used for the service?
Our new, wheelchair-accessible, 16-seater minibus operate the Pingo service.
How to download the Ride Pingo App
- To download the “Ride Pingo” app you must have a smartphone or an ipad/tablet.
- If you have an apple device open the “App Store” and search for “Ride Pingo”
- If you have an android device open the “Google Play Store” and search for “Ride Pingo’
- The app is completely free, and you will not be charged any money.
- Now open the app and “allow” Ride Pingo to send you notifications.
- Click “Get Started” and fill out your details
- When prompted to enter your phone number remember to change the first two digits to +44 and take off the first 0 when you enter your number.
- Your phone will then be sent a code by text message to enter into Pingo.
- During the next step you can add your debit/credit card details if you would like to pay online but you can also skip this stage. Please note that your details are encrypted and will be safe and secure.
- Allow Pingo to access your location whilst using the app.
- That’s it, you’re all set! You can now explore the app and enter where you currently are and where would like to go.